Thank you for your interest in becoming a Swim Instructor with Academy Swim Club!
This is most definitely not like your average job. Here you will be working with kids hands-on, in a fun, playful setting, teaching them a skill that they will be able to carry with them throughout their entire lives. You will be DIRECTLY impacting your students lives in such a positive way. You will be their role-models, friends, teachers and swim buddies. But, most importantly, you will be teaching them a LIFE SAVING skill. With drowning being the #1 cause of accidental death in children under the age of 5, you will most likely be saving a child’s life. So, come experience the joys and benefits of working with students of all ages at Academy Swim Club!
At Academy Swim Club, our pool water is always kept at a comfortable 92° and we are indoors, which means you can teach for us year-round! We are very flexible with adjusting working hours, so, if you’re going to school we will have no problem adjusting your shifts/hours around your school schedule each semester. As a family owned business that has been in this industry for over 30+ years, we have perfected our teaching strategies and will give you the confidence and expert swim teaching skills and instruction through our certification process. We also offer birthday parties. This is a great way to get more hours and pay as tips are mandatory.
**Certifications and Skills
Certifications may be obtained at our facility:
1. Instructor Certification (before hire, 35-40+ hours hands-on experience)
2. Infant Certification (8-12 hours)
3. Red Cross Lifeguard, CPR, First-Aid & AED Certification (class is $160, reimbursed after 1 year employment)
4. Dolfun Certification (must pass all of our swim levels, no deadline, paid instruction until complete)
OBTAINING CERTIFICATIONS WILL INCREASE YOUR HOURLY PAY
– 1 YEAR MINIMUM JOB COMMITMENT
– GREAT ATTENDANCE; your kids depend on it!
– 20+ hours minimum
– Available to attend mandatory Wednesday night staff meetings 7:30p-10:00p
– Available to work at least one weekend day: Saturday or Sunday
– Available to work some birthday parties Saturday & Sunday evenings (tips included)
– Pass a drug test, fingerprint through DOJ and, if over 18, a background check
– Passionate about teaching
– Must be patient and love kids
**Responsibilities and Duties
– Instruct students to swim using ASC curriculum and teaching techniques
– Focus lessons around water safety, as well as teach life saving skills
– Attend all scheduled shifts on time
– Maintain a clean, fun and safe environment for all employers and patrons
– Provide detailed verbal feedback of students progression to parents
– Assess new students swimming ability to place in one of our levels
– Develop and maintain a positive relationship with all students, patrons, staff and directors
– Keep all student’s notes and levels updated, as well as take attendance for your shift
– Maintain all certifications
Bonus opportunities available after one year of employment.
– Paid training
– Paid sick leave
– Free Swim Lessons
– Staff outing activities/holiday parties
– Employee Incentives; retail discounts, free food & drinks, food gift card kudos, etc.
– FT employees earn paid time off and monthly Health Benefit allowance
– SIMPLE IRA matching contribution after 2 years employment
Instructors can earn anywhere from $14-$21 per/hour. After 6 month probation period, $18.50 attainable depending on teaching skills, reliability, integrity, commitment, and work ethic.
*PT = 20 hrs min * FT = 32 hrs min*