Thank you for your interest in becoming a Swim Instructor with Academy Swim Club!
This is most definitely not like your average job. Here you will be working with kids hands-on, in a fun, playful setting, teaching them a skill that they will be able to carry with them throughout their entire lives. You will be DIRECTLY impacting your students lives in such a positive way. You will be their role-models, friends, teachers and swim buddies. But, most importantly, you will be teaching them a LIFE SAVING skill. With drowning being the #1 cause of accidental death in children under the age of 5, you will most likely be saving a child’s life. So, come experience the joys and benefits of working with students of all ages at Academy Swim Club!
At Academy Swim Club, our pool water is always kept at a comfortable 92° and we are indoors, which means you can teach for us year-round! We are very flexible with adjusting working hours, so, if you’re going to school we will have no problem adjusting your shifts/hours around your school schedule each semester. As a family owned business that has been in this industry for over 35 years, we have perfected our teaching strategies and will give you the confidence and expert swim teaching instruction skills through our certification process. We also offer birthday parties. This is a great way to get more hours and pay as tips are mandatory.
**Certifications and Skills
Certifications obtained through our company:
1. Instructor Certification (before hire, 35-40+ hours hands-on experience)
2. Infant Certification (knowledge & skills provided)
3. Red Cross Lifeguard, CPR, First-Aid & AED Certification (class offered for a fee and reimbursed after 1 year employment)
4. Upper Level Certification (knowledge & skills provided)
OBTAINING CERTIFICATIONS WILL INCREASE YOUR HOURLY WAGE
– 1 YEAR MINIMUM JOB COMMITMENT
– GREAT ATTENDANCE; your kids depend on it!
– 20+ hours minimum
– Available to attend mandatory Wednesday night staff meetings 7:30p-10:00p
– Available to work at least one weekend day: Saturday or Sunday
– Available to work some birthday parties Saturday & Sunday evenings (tips included)
– Pass a drug test, fingerprint through DOJ and, if over 18, a background check
– Passionate about teaching
– Must be patient and love kids
**Responsibilities and Duties
– Instruct students to swim using ASC curriculum and teaching techniques
– Focus lessons around water safety, as well as teach life saving skills
– Attend all scheduled shifts on time
– Maintain a clean, fun and safe environment for all employers and patrons
– Provide detailed verbal feedback of students progression to parents
– Assess new students swimming ability to place in one of our levels
– Develop and maintain a positive relationship with all students, patrons, staff and directors
– Keep all student’s notes and levels updated, as well as take attendance for your shift
– Maintain all certifications
– Maintain a safe working environment
Bonus opportunities available after one year of employment.
– Paid training
– Paid sick leave
– Free Swim Lessons
– Staff outing activities/holiday parties
– Employee Incentives; retail discounts, free food & drinks, food gift card kudos, etc.
– FT employees earn paid time off and monthly Health Benefit allowance
– SIMPLE IRA matching contribution after 2 years employment
Instructors can earn anywhere from $14-$21 per/hour. After 6 month probation period, $18.50 attainable depending on teaching skills, reliability, integrity, commitment, and work ethic.
*PT = 20 hrs min * FT = 32 hrs min*