Customer Service Representative
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Customer Service Rep with Academy Swim Club!
As a Customer Service Rep, you will be the first face our Customers see when they walk through our doors. They will expect to see a bright smile with a delighted greeting as they explore if our business service is the one for them.
This is most definitely not like your average customer service job. Here you will be working with kids and parents, in a fun, playful yet fast-paced setting. You will be helping families sign up for a skill that they will be able to carry with them throughout their entire lives. You will be DIRECTLY impacting lives in such a positive way. So, come experience the joys and benefits of working at Academy Swim Club!
At Academy Swim Club, we offer year-round swim lessons, which means you can work for us throughout the year! We are very flexible with adjusting working hours, so, if you’re going to school we will have no problem adjusting your shifts/hours around your school schedule each semester. As a family owned business we want you to be there for your family when you need to be so we are open to trading shifts and are very flexible with scheduling.
Because of our reputation having been in this industry for over 30+ years therefore being very well known in the SCV, we must uphold the highest standards for customer service. But, although we are very adamant on excellent customer service, we protect our employees against absurd Patrons as well. Better yet put – we got your back!
You will be working in both our front and back office, speaking with customers face-to-face, answering emails and phone calls, returning voicemails, booking swim lessons and managing current customers accounts and bookings, all while providing… yep, you guessed it – excellent customer service!
– Patient and Attentive
– Clear Communication Skills
– Positive Verbal and Body Language
– Ability to Multitask and Work Independently
– Highly Organized and Detail Oriented
– Time Management
– Ability to Listen to Customers Needs and Find Best Solution
– Calming Presence
– Goal Orient Focused
– Ability Stay Calm and Work Well Under Pressure
– Ability to Persuade and Close
*No swim experience needed*
– Customer service experience
– 1 year minimum Job Commitment
– 20+ hours minimum
– Available to work some weekend days and some nights
– Available to host birthday parties occasionally on Saturday & Sunday evenings (tips included)
– Pass a drug test, fingerprint through DOJ and, if over 18, a background check
– Must be or become CPR certified (we offer class free of charge while you are on the clock)
– Must train in the water for 20 hours
– Must be passionate about our business
– Must be patient and love kids
– Must be reliable
**Responsibilities and Duties
– Greet and assist customers
– Help to enroll new students
– Cater to current customers needs
– Answer inbound telephone calls
– Respond to emails and phone messages
– Maintain a clean, fun and safe environment for all employees and patrons
– Supervise swim instructors at times
– Follow all policies and lead by example
– Provide detailed verbal and written account information
– Develop and maintain a positive relationship with all students, patrons, staff and directors
– Paid training
– Paid sick leave
– Free Swim Lessons
– Flexible hours/scheduling
– Staff outing activities/holiday parties
– Employee Incentives; retail discounts, free food & drinks, etc.
– FT employees (32+ hrs) earn paid time off and a monthly Health Benefit allowance of $150
– SIMPLE IRA matching contribution after 2 years employment
– Sign-up bonuses given
– Additional bonus opportunities available after one year of employment
– Notify of desired hourly wage on bottom of Application under ‘Any other info you’d like to share?’
– Raises and room to grow available
*PT = 20 hrs min.* FT = 32 hrs min.*